An Internet Marketing Information, Center's Online Marketing and Entrepreneur

Friday, February 5, 2010

Why Should I Learn Internet Marketing, Is it a Valuable Skill?

When I first came in to contact with internet marketing it was through a company called Carbon Copy PRO. The pitch to join them was that they would teach you how to sell anything, to anyone, anywhere and that once you knew how to market online you would have a valuable skill that would allow you to succeed in any business.

I listened to the sales pitch and it made sense to me, but I still had my doubts. I joined Carbon Copy PRO and figured that at least I could make some money selling their products and if I happened to learn something valuable and marketable so much the better.

Then something amazing happened and my eyes were opened to the true value of the skills I have learned. I was at a Real Estate Investors Convention. I was there because my wife is an investor and I was sort of aging along. I was asked to share something that would be of value to the group. I told them that I was an Internet Marketer and I knew how to use social media, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to build brand recognition and direct traffic to a website.

They practically swarmed over me asking for information! Here I was surrounded by a group of 6 figure earners and self made millionaires and they were mobbing me like I had the key to Fort Knox in my hand, and so I did. It turns out that what I have learned by studying Internet Marketing is much more valuable than I had realized. It is transferable and useful to any business and that makes it powerful.

I started promoting my wife's real estate business about 2 weeks ago. Her website isn't even live yet, but I built her Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube and LinkedIn profiles. I posted some tweets and updates and linked her accounts. She has already seen some very profitable business from just these sources.

Now I understand the power of these skills. It is just like going to college to earn your degree except that it doesn't cost you $100,000 or 4 years of your life. You can state making money within a couple of months. You can learn to this just like I did. It does take dedication and hard work to master these skills, but it isn't rocket science. Once you learn the basics you can quickly get up and running.

When I began this journey I really didn't know what to expect. Three months later I was able to quit a full time job I had held for thirty years. Now I am happy to work from home along side my wife who is enjoying greater success in her business thanks to my marketing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment